- We want to provide our attendees the choice to engage and participate in EntreFEST in the way they are most comfortable.
- We see the value in offering a virtual option (EntreVIRTUAL) because it eliminates geographical barriers for our attendees and speakers. In addition, the EntreVIRTUAL option provides an opportunity for attendees and speakers to participate in EntreFEST remotely, while we continue to work through the COVID pandemic.
- We value the connections and opportunities that can come from in-person interactions.
- To safely and effectively plan for an in-person, and successful virtual event, EntreFEST event staff needs to make the decision months in advance in order to prepare. As of March 10, 2021, the staff has determined to offer EntreFEST in the hybrid setting. Event staff will continue to monitor COVID cases, hospitalizations and be in communication with public health officials, in the event a change to a fully virtual event needs to be made closer to June 10-11, 2021.
EntreFEST Staff has watched and researched other events throughout the pandemic to identify best practices, in addition to conversations with public health officials. We will work with all venues to provide a consistent safety policy throughout the event. Our staff will continually evaluate the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions/guidelines for events. We will adjust our restrictions/guidelines as plans progress and additional information is available. Please check the website for updated guidelines.
In response to current CDC guidelines, the EntreFEST safety policies have been updated and are as follows as of Monday, May 24, 2021:
- Fully-vaccinated guests are not required to wear face coverings or social distance.
- Guests not fully-vaccinated are asked to continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- Guests who are fully-vaccinated and feel more comfortable wearing a mask are invited and encouraged to do so.
- Venue spaces will still be at a reduced capacity to provide attendees with more space.
- If a venue has policies that are different than EntreFEST event policies, we will note them with (*) in the app and with signage at the venue.
- Food and beverage offerings will have safety processes and strategies in place. Individually packaged meals will be provided when possible.
- Individual hand sanitizer will be provided to each EntreFEST attendee.
- If an attendee does not follow the safety protocol or is disrespectful in any way to other EntreFEST attendees, speakers, and staff, they will be asked to leave the conference (They’ll get the EntreBOOT!)
- Simply, be respectful of each other, be kind, and enjoy your time together.
If you experience any of the following symptoms in the 48 hours before the event, we ask that you kindly choose to participate virtually through the Whova event portal.
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
For any further information on mitigation strategies that will be in place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a limited number of in person tickets available for purchase to ensure we will be able to comply with social distancing guidelines within our event venues.
- We want to work with our attendees and we know that no one has a crystal ball, we wish we did! We will work with attendees who have purchased an in-person ticket to transfer their ticket to virtual in the event they are not comfortable attending in person. Since there are a limited number of in-person tickets available, we ask attendees to notify event staff by Wednesday, May 26, 2021. This will allow attendees on the in-person waitlist to be offered the spot. If an attendee switches from in-person to virtual, the attendee will be refunded the ticket price difference. Exceptions to this due date may be made at the discretion of the staff in certain circumstances such as medical emergencies or illness.